How are Fuji Persona C and OmniscopDReam Making Lives Easy?
Omniscop Dream is a surgical C-arm machine. It is coupled with a flat panel detector. C-Arm gets its name from the C-shaped arm present in the device, which is used to connect the x-ray source ((the X-ray tube) and the X-ray detector (the image intensifier) to one another.
It is a fluoroscopy machine, commonly known as image intensifier. It categorizes itself as an advanced medical imaging device that works on the basic premise of X-ray technology.
Its use is on the rise in the medical health care and treatment sector. Owing to its ergonomic features and other advanced aspects, it is making lives easier. How? Let’s find out.
Where and Why is it Needed?
The medical device has a special semi-circular design that allows better movement of the physician, helping him cover the whole body of the patient. This is instrumental in taking images where required.
Being a fluoroscopy machine, it provides real-time X-ray imaging in high-resolution. This helps the surgeon to monitor the progress of various diagnostic and interventional procedures.
Although C-arms are generally not used in diagnostics, they are made for surgery. So, these are used in orthopedic procedures, cardiac and angiography studies, and in therapeutic studies including stents and line placements.
This arc type C-Arm system is fitted along with the patient table and they are tailor-made for conducting the process of x-ray imaging.
Being an overhead x-ray image intensifier, the machine provides a real-time, high-resolution view of anatomic structures of the patients. It facilitates the physician to monitor progress and immediately make any corrections, if required.
The machine can be easily transported from one place to another, so its mobility also adds to its importance.
Its ergonomic design offers suitable opening and positioning, from bariatric to extremity surgeries.
Comfort of Use
The C-Arm has a highly accurate mechanical design that facilitates a creative combination of low weight and a high power X-ray generator. This produces an extremely compact, reliable, and ergonomic mobile system.
The view-station has an open and light structure for easy positioning and transport associated with two medical displays.
C – Arm ensures an optimal positioning of the system because of its:
- Motorized variable height
- Manual movements
- Lateral handles on both sides
- Markedly design to optimize the space inside operating theatre
- Release lever marked with a color code corresponding to each movement
Furthermore, it enables:
- Accurate entering with its positioning laser on tube and detector sides
- Advanced post-processing pre-programmed anatomical protocols in order to provide reproducibility of image quality
Imaging Modes and Usability
C-arm machines have several imaging modes:
- Continuous fluoroscopy: This is meant for viewing live images.
- Pulsed fluoroscopy: This is for viewing intermittent live images so that dose can be reduced during long procedures.
- Exposure – This mode is for administering higher dose, single or multiple image acquisition. For instance, Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) or cardio.
As far as its usability is concerned, C-arms are mobile. Thus, these are most commonly used for studies that need maximum positional flexibility.
Procedures for which these are instrumental include:
- Vascular peripheral
- Vascular abdominal
- Vascular cerebral
- Pain treatment
Every procedure among these needs tube/generator capacity, acquisition rate, image intensifier, and image storage. With this device, it is easy to know the exact procedure type. So, selecting the right system becomes easy.
As we have discussed about the aspects of this machine that is playing an influential role in medical treatments, let’s take a glance at its main features:
- New Flat Panel generation with very high sensitivity, low dose operation
- Height and Angle adjustable of 22” Full HD wide displays
- Removable grid for paediatric applications
- Full touch “smart” user interface
- Extended C-arm free space
- Image free of distortion
- Surgical navigation is among the most important applications. This machine helps to verify how implant devices are placed in the patient.
- Various studies such as cardiac, orthopedic, digestive, blood circulation and reproductive and systems
- If a complicated surgery demands to place needles or stents, this machine is handy.
- A needle placement procedure can be guided by this machine, primarily by injecting anesthetic medicines. This machine identifies the joints. Medicine can be inserted easily into the suffering knees and shoulders safely, without damaging other structures.
- The machine is alsoenabled to obtain a real-time view of the gallbladder, liver, bone and several structures during surgeries.
- It makes it possible to reconstruct a 3D model of the inner parts by getting multiple views of the same body part/organ.